Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Comment: Some Things I Learned on the First Day of School

Car lines take a looong time. Do not, repeat, DO NOT drink a can of Coke Zero before driving to get your kid(s). Waiting in a long line of cars is excruciating as a result.

Kids do better with goodbyes if you don’t blubber like a baby when you drop them off. Actually, I didn’t. Honest! I was very matter-of-fact about dropping off my kids and they went to school without a fuss. I felt pangs and anxiety all day, of course, but they don’t know that, and they don’t need to.

Now it’s time to shine the spotlight on their bedraggled mother. I went shopping this morning while the kids were in school, looking for clothes to wear at a future job.

Which could come sooner than I think. I found out this afternoon that I may get to substitute teach on Friday at my kids’ school. Be careful what you wish for; I’m going to have to put my money where my mouth is and actually go to work.

Yikes.

I’ll have to do a full clothing inventory and see what I can swing.

I’m sure you’ll be waiting with baited breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment