Sunday, September 27, 2009

Comment: Guh.

I had a hilarious (to me, anyway) post all ready (early, even!) for today about the paucity of good acting chops on the Disney Channel and its ilk. Also, on the lack of originality on TV. Good stuff.

But I left my laptop on the kitchen table while drinking coffee this morning AND while the kids were doing art projects.

Cue music: and down went the coffee. GASP. Ladies and Gentlemen the "F" word will not be starring in this performance; his role will be played by his understudy, Crap! Shit! Dammit!

And dark went the screen forevermore. (Or at least until my husband gets back in town and can try to resurrect it. But I'm not counting on it.)

Now part of me was thinking, SHIT, all my writing. But my blog postings are all up on the Web. And the big project I'm working on with my best friend? She has a copy of it. And even if HER computer dies, I have a hard copy.

The play I was working on? Hard copy. Phew.

I'm not organized about backing up files. But I do tend to print stuff out whenever I can because I'm (justifiably) paranoid. And lazy.

So even though there is stuff I will have to redo or never see again, it's just, you know, stuff.

How very Zen, right? Uh huh? Give it to me for the Zen!

In my new parenting attitude of being less bitchy, I didn't get mad at my son (who knocked the coffee over with his massive blankies) or at myself (for having a beverage of my choice on the table) (okay, maybe I was a little mad at myself). I honestly didn't think the computer was ruined.

But I think it is. Seeing as it doesn't turn on and all.

Easy come, easy go.

Lucky for me we have a spare.

And there's no way this one's coming anywhere near my kitchen table.

No comments:

Post a Comment