Friday, September 4, 2009

Comment: Working for the Weekend

I went back to work today for the first time in six and a half years. I had a blast. And I’m bone-crushingly tired.

I am seriously going to have to pace myself. And find someone to help clean my house, when we get a house. Right now, apartment living, though cozy (and I use it euphemistically) makes my housework easy. I pretty much ignore it until the cleaning people come every two weeks; it never gets too bad. (Yes, I'm living the dream.)

As far as work goes, I’m on call, so I’m at this point extremely part time. I hope to sub more, and frequently, and to eventually parlay this subbing into a full time position teaching (preferably Drama) at my kids’ school. But I'm very willing to teach other things too; I love, love, love this school.

But for now, I have to digest my day of smart assed but cute fourth graders, adorable but slightly whiny first graders, and trying to learn 75 kids’ names in one day.

Phew.

Stay tuned for a future post on subbing. It’s new turf for me and honey, I have stories for you.

But I’m too tired tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment