Friday, May 15, 2009

Complaint: The latest on the iPhone

It’s a little bit scary how much I love my iPhone. And it’s a lot bit scary how much everyone else seems to love theirs.

Everywhere you turn, people are in a state of perpetual distraction: chin tipped down, fingers a-flyin’, checking their frakking email for the 300th time that day.

There is such a thing as being too much in touch with the rest of the world.

I admit, it’s nice to be able to watch old Madonna videos on YouTube while I sit in the car waiting to pick up my kids. But the fact that more and more frequently real live two-way human conversations are being interrupted repeatedly because of some chime, gong or ding that emanates from said phone, is disturbing.

It should come as no surprise to you that I’ve never been a fan of call-waiting either.

I know Blackberrys are called Crackberrys. But iPhones as well deserve a fitting name for their cracktasticness.

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment