Thursday, May 21, 2009

Comment: As I was saying...

Okay, so back to those three songs that sound best at full volume, per Plinky’s suggestion:

I’m trying not to think too hard (it hurts) so here’s my list, off the top of my head.


"I Alone" (Live)
As rockish anthems go, this one is intense and slightly creepy. If you’ve ever seen the video, the lead singer looks like a serious whackjob. But I absolutely love it and went through a phase of playing it full blast on my iPod repeatedly. It has great high and low volume contrast.

"One Step Closer" (Linkin Park)
How can you not love blasting a song that says “Shut up! Shut up when I’m talkin’ ta you!” over and over. Haven’t we all felt that way on more than one occasion?

And finally, the piece de resistance:
"I Think That I Would Die" (Hole)
There’s a part where Courtney Love growls, “It’s….not…yours…..fucckkkkkkkkkk yewwwwwwww!” Songs that are angst-filled, especially with swear words, must be played at full volume whenever possible.This one also has some great volume ups and downs. Love the drama.

Do these songs form a bit of a pattern? Should I be concerned?

See, I’m a little stressed. And somehow playing angry songs loudly makes me feel better. Soothes the savage beast a little.

So there you have it.

2 comments:

  1. My three:

    "I Feel Pretty"
    "Bicycle Built for Two"
    "It's Not Easy Being Green"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "All blues", miles davis. When Miles starts to blow and hits the first three notes, the world stops.

    nothing else comes close.

    ReplyDelete