Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Comment: Book binge

I’ve done it again. I’ve gone on another minor book-buying spree. All the books I just ordered are about balancing your life, finding your calling, and being mindful. I feel like working on these three things pretty much indicates whether or not you are happy/satisfied with your life at any given point in time.

Have you ever seen those pie chart exercises where you’re supposed to put in what percentage of time you spend on each category, like: personal, family, spiritual, physical, professional? I’d say right now I’m 90% family full on caregiving, 5% exercise, 5% kvetching.

We’re in a particularly intense and stressful situation right now, so of course I’m dying for some balance. A glass of wine and some chocolate can only go so far. So I’ve got my perpetual solution to life’s woes: the written word. I’m going to go and read now and hope for some balance, or at the least, some distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment