Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Question: At what point do you say, I’ve had it?

At what point does a situation become unbearable enough that you really ought to just walk away?

Because perception plays so much a part in all of this. The whole, you are how you choose to view what happens to you, as opposed to you are a victim of your own life.

I spent a lot of time playing the victim and honestly? I’m over it.

I made choices that got me where I am now. That’s true for everybody.

I guess the question is, at what point do you look at the choices you’ve made and ask yourself if maybe you shouldn’t consider some other options?

Do we have to resign ourselves to a life that isn’t satisfying, while we wait for something to get better, even though it never will?

Or do we need to flip our perceptions and see the glass as half full instead, make lemonade with our lemons, etc.?

I don’t have any answers right now.

Just a shitload of questions.

1 comment:

  1. If this comment already came through, ignore this.

    Inertia's a bitch. When you're feeling fed up, you can't help but want to make a change, but a change can be the hardest thing to make. Of course, as you wisely point out, change can either be in one's external situation or one's internal perceptions--both good. We know this hardly counts as advice; we merely mirror what you've said. But if it helps to know you're right--you're right. We hope that you come through this change well. We're pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete