Sunday, December 13, 2009

Comment: A-HA!

Well thank goodness, my neighbors put up some lights today. Of course they were terribly tasteful, no blinking or colored lights. No, not here in Wreath-Town.

But still, at least it's SOMETHING.

I've done extensive questioning on the subject and I'm not coming up with anything substantial or useful to explain the dearth of lights around here.

I guess when your research isn't based on scientific inquiry, it pretty much bites. No control group or double-blind testing or anything.

But it's been fun, in a way, asking people about Christmas lights.

It reminds me of David Sedaris' hilarious essay, "Eight to Ten Black Men", which is also about Christmas traditions, of a sort.

Go read it if you haven't already.

1 comment:

  1. We're still waiting for the White Paper on the lack of Xmas lights in Steeltown.

    ReplyDelete