Saturday, December 19, 2009

Comment: Zen and the Art of Scraping Snow Off Your Car

Bearing in mind that since I haven’t dealt with snow in ten years, I found it falling outside today surprisingly pretty.

I also found that scraping off my car was way Zen. Especially since it was snowing the whole time the kids and I were outside. Repetitive motions can be very relaxing. (Duh.)

It was a nice interlude in a day filled with diarrhea and isolation. My daughter was the one truly suffering.

My son actually made a song for her on Garage Band, titled (sic) “I’m sorry you have direa dessa”. It's kinda catchy.

We were cooped up all day but we broke free once my daughter started feeling better and it was truly rejuvenating. The kids ran around in the snow just like I always used to, and I scraped the snow and ice off my car.

Over and over.

The bonus? I was able to clean off the car, which had been massively attacked by a murder of crows with their own case of the trots. I mean, really.

I’m not saying I’m going to be singing snow’s praises when it’s 7 am and the car is buried, but for today, I’m all for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment