Monday, December 7, 2009

Comment: Time Flies When Your Kids are Young

It struck me today how my kids are really growing up. They're now more interested in other kids and/or computers than me. I am no longer the center of their universe.

Overall, this is cause for celebration. I mean, you want your kids to WANT to be out in the world doing things, not clinging to you.

But it just really knocked me out today when I wanted to sit and read and cuddle with the kids after school today, and they were both too busy and just weren't interested.

I knew this day would come.

I just didn't think it would be so soon.

Everybody always says about parenting, "It goes so fast, your kids grow up so fast, enjoy it," and when you're in the middle of a nasty stomach bug or temper tan6rum with a toddler, you think, hurry up, already.

But now? When I see my kids playing with other kids, ably working computers, quietly reading books on their own, I think, yeah: time flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment