Friday, December 11, 2009

Comment: A Very Specific Section of Hell

I now know where bad people go when they die: they don't go somewhere fiery and sulfurous.

They just stay where they are and are forced to put eye drops in their child's eye every three minutes.

Brought to you by the one, the only, conjunctivitis!

(And so help me, don't any of you dare write how easy it is to give your kids eye drops, or mention the fact that your kid(s) have never had pinkeye. I mean it.)

Anyway, forcing eyedrops into an unwilling child: That's pretty much my definition of hell.

I would say cleaning up congealed urine is sort of a hellish purgatory, if there is such a thing.

And cleaning up vomit, that's got its own special section for a certain type of sinner.

Me, I don't buy into the hell concept, except in the sense that hell is in your head, or hell is other people. Both make sense to me.

But really? Hell is having to put eye drops in a frightened and squirming child's eye.

Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Putting eardrops into a squirming cat is no picnic, either. And they have claws.

    ReplyDelete