Monday, November 30, 2009

Complaint: Another Banner Day at Mother of the Year HQ

Today was not a good day.

I found out I got dinged at my part time job; I was replaced for a gig I had this week because my daughter goes to school some half days and they needed me for full days.

When I picked up the kids from school, my daughter's wonderful teacher informed me that her hands were so dry between her fingers that she had been BLEEDING (my daughter’s hands, not the teacher’s; she’s not really a TMI kind of person). The teacher then gave me some apparently needed advice on how to deal with eczema.

Then my son informed me that he was the ONLY child today who had to wear his PE uniform, because it was “Dress Down Day” and everyone did gym in their street clothes and he was the only one whose mom forgot.

Some fun, huh Bambi?

Then I let them watch Phineas and Ferb and do Garage Band for longer than I should have.

We had pizza for dinner.

They made a mess and I got mad at them for not cleaning it up.

My daughter and I got into a shouting match. (If you look up dignity in the dictionary, I guarantee my picture will not be there.)

It’s been that kind of day.

It’s dark here and it keeps getting darker.

This feels like a very downer version of Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day.

And yes, my mom says some days are like this. Even in Australia.

1 comment: