Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Comment: Worry Dolls

My son came home with a worry doll he’d made in his “World Cultures” class today. These strike me as ironic given yesterday’s post. If only worries could be erased by the magic of telling a small doll, putting it under your pillow, and letting it take the heat.

It’s something sweet you tell kids, but I know better. Some worries just don’t go away on their own.

Wow, sure is a cheerful post today, eh!

On a completely different note, I just printed out the nutrition guide for the local pizza place and I may never eat a meat-covered pizza again. 490 calories PER SLICE. And a Club Panini is 1020 calories, and that’s a freakin’ SANDWICH.

If everyone posted the fat contents of the food they served, people would order something less offensive to their bodies. Seriously. It’s sobering.

Somehow I’ve managed to make pizza depressing.

I should just stop writing today’s before I end up villainizing the tooth fairy or something.

Thanks, I’m here all week!

1 comment:

  1. We'll resist the urge to comment on the fact that your son plays with dolls. (Hey, we did, too, and look how WE turned out!)

    ReplyDelete