Thursday, November 5, 2009

Comment: Sacroiliac. Twice.

Okay so I had the car radio on to the oldies station (a.k.a. the music I got drunk to in younger days) and Blondie’s “Rapture” came on. She was actually pretty innovative with it, since she wasn’t known as a rapper and hip hop was just being born. But I digress.

Anyway, while she’s singing, she says “back to back, sacroiliac”. Seriously. Her son was released in 1981.

And that made me think about the fact that Kurtis Blow’s “The Breaks” also mentions breaking the sacroiliac. One of the first rappers to be commercially successful, his song was released in 1980.

Coincidence? I think not.

So is a Blondie a copycat? A Kurtis Blow wannabe?

No.

It is simply this: sacroiliacs were HUGE in the early 80s.

Betcha didn’t know that.

2 comments:

  1. Can you believe I actually have Kurtis Blow's song on my ipod (thanks to Norman of course!).

    ReplyDelete