Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Comment: Change of Plan

Okay so I’m doing something I hadn’t planned on doing this month. I’m doing NaNoWriMo. Yes, you read that right.

It stands for National Novel Writing Month.

It’s such a cool premise: people all over the world spend their Novembers writing novels. They can be the shittiest, dumbest, long-windiest pieces of crap, but at the end of the month, you win if you have 50,000 words strung together in some form.

It’s already day three, so I’m writing like a bandit (or is it a banshee? No that’s squealing) I’m writing like a fiend, I guess you could say. (Because a bandit just takes stuff.) I'm trying to catch up, since most people probably started two days ago. Luckily I have a high typing speed and am more than a little bit hyper.

ANYWAY, I have to confess that my blog may suffer as a result of my future carpal tunnel syndrome due to NaNoWriMo.

But so be it.

I am willing to suffer for my art.

You’ll hear more about this as it goes on.

I think this is a very good way to spend a gloomy November. Being creative is the next best thing to sunshine! (Gag). But it is fun.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with that (I know that sounds sarcastic, but it's not). This sounds like just the kind of thing the Solipsist could get into. . . But too many other projects get in the way. Could one just submit 50,000 words worth of blog postage?

    ReplyDelete