Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Question: WHERE Have I Been?

I've been out of town, busy wallowing in debauchery (of a relatively sinless kind; is that an oxymoron?) Anyway, I've been out of town with my best friend (Hi Hayn!) doing what, as I explained to my son, grown ups call playing.

We eat, drink, and talk. A lot.

Oh, and shop.

Then we talk some more.

I'm just coming off the high of being with my dearest chum and comparing notes on our lives as we always do. There were many conclusions drawn from our weekend, most of which go something like this, with apologies to Nike:

JUST FREAKIN' DO IT.

IT could be a job, a class, a project, an exercise, a vow, a behavior, whatever it is, it's an ACTION.

Because we are squarely middle-aged now (gasp!) and it's time to stop postponing life.

(As a side note, as a middle-aged woman in a college-heavy town, I would just like to say that I am invisible to all men of all ages. And most women, at least ALL of those younger than me. But more on that another time.)

So in the spirit of just doing it, I am taking on more projects, saying yes to more things, and getting on with the show.

So if I don't post every day, it's because I'm busy living life as loudly as I can.

Get your earplugs ready.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Emi. And you can't really be debauched in Harrisburg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emil Zola said and I aspire to this as well:

    "If you asked me what I come into this world to do I will tell you I came to live out loud."

    It's my motto this year and every year until I can do it. You are already in this world out loud just keep going! Love you so much! And tell the Solipsist Harrisburg really is debauchery center for two stay at home moms who need to get their gab on!

    ReplyDelete