Thursday, April 8, 2010

Complaint: A Series, Actually.

So tomorrow I go and take one (of three) Praxis tests, the teacher tests deemed appropriate for my current state of residence.

But wait, there's more! I'm getting a threefer: yes, that's right, THREE tests in one sitting.

How numb my ass will be by the end.

I won't be allowed to leave the room without permission, so if I need to take a whiz, I need to show ID upon leaving and returning. (It's true, I watched the video on ETS!) I'm sure there will be other ridiculous anti-cheating hoops to jump through. For one thing, I have to be at the test site at 7:30 am, even though it doesn't start until 8:00. Do they need that time to frisk me? (Probably.)

It's a necessary evil, this testing nonsense.

I can teach (in public schools) in two states, but not the one I'm in.

Money, time, college-level math classes (gah!) are all in store.

That and verifying that my earlier undergraduate education in Canada was appropriately academic. Just need to prove we weren't all just getting drunk in our igloos while we watched hockey and said "eh."

Um, actually...

So stay tuned tomorrow for more vitriol surrounding the draconian and prehistoric testing requirements in the land in which we live!

1 comment:

  1. When we took our test to prove that we were qualified to teach English, we intentionally answered the essay question by writing one, approximately 600-word, perfectly punctuated sentence. We slipped through. Break a leg.

    ReplyDelete