Monday, April 26, 2010

Comment: Getting Personal

So I'm wrestling with some insecurity these days surrounding someone I work with. She used to be really nice and gung ho towards me but now I feel like I'm getting the cold shoulder.

It is taking a lot of my energy to keep from taking this personally.

Because that is what I HAVE to do.

There was some new agey book called "The Four Agreements" which I bought but haven't read 97% of, but in the intro or somewhere really early on, one of the four big pieces of wisdom is that very advice: don't take ANYTHING personally.

I don't know what the rest of the book is like; I don't even know where it is in my house.

But I like that advice. I, if you will, agree with it.

Don't take anything personally. All it can do is cause unnecessary suffering. And don't we have enough of that going on in our pinball machine hyperactively neurotic minds as it is?

In other book news, I'm reading "King Dork" by Frank Portman. Freaking. Hilarious.

Apparently he also has a punk band called The Mr. T. Experience.

Check him out.

1 comment:

  1. Listen, we think you're a no-good, weaselly rascally excuse for a human being. But don't take that personally. :-)

    ReplyDelete