Saturday, March 20, 2010

Exhausted

Here are the things I did today: vacuumed the entire house, washed, dried, folded and put away three loads of laundry, washed all the wood floors in the house, cleaned up my bedroom, my daughter's bedroom, my son's bedroom (he helped, marginally), wiped down and shop-vacked two cars, supervised an unofficial playdate, put away clothes that had been out for weeks, and swept the floors again after the playdate.

This after imbibing a decent amount of wine (good stuff first, then Bull's Blood) and staying up well past my bedtime last night.

So you see, of course, that I am WAY too tired to write anything more tonight.

Except this: A perfect quote, from one of Adrian Mole's Diaries (by Sue Townshend):

(I'm paraphrasing, but I know I'm VERY close to verbatim)

"Drank a half glass of Bull's Blood wine and felt dead sensual and talked with consummate wit for half an hour."

Best. Quote. Ever.

1 comment: