Monday, August 17, 2009

Complaint: Starts with a V

I hate when you think of something that’s a perfect blog topic, and you forget it. Having to write daily is fun, but coming up with different topics for each post is not so easy.

So today as I was driving home from our family “field trip” from the grocery, I thought of two things that would make great topics. One I remembered. The other? I forgot. But I know that it starts with a V.

Video?

Probably. This morning my kids found a video/online Uno game playing championship. Just what they need, to be spectators to a card game they could be playing themselves in real life and real time. (And which, I might add, I’ve played at least twelve times already today and it’s not even 2 pm.) (Irritable much?)

Visits?

We just came back from a great visit to Canada and I’m still fucking tetchy and irritable. Or is that really my personality? God, I hope not.

Velcro? Violins? Vesuvius? Virtues?

And it was going to be a good topic, honest. It was going to solve the world’s problems. Or at least distract us from them for about a minute and a half.

Velvet? Vagabond? Values? Velveeta?

Why is Velveeta even called cheese at all? “Cheese product” is cold comfort when you compare farm fresh cheese to the virulent orange goo the food manufacturers have designed for our piggery. They make us want it. Conspiracy? Oh yes.

Vivisection? Vents? Velcro? Vivaldi?

What exactly is vivisection? I’m going to go and look that up. Oh my god, that’s horrible. Does body piercing count as vivisection? That’s freakin’ creepy, man. Vivisection is a gnarly concept and activity. Gah. Next!

Vaseline? Valium? Vitriol? Versace?

Yeah, vitriol. That’s good. It’s not what I was thinking of, but for a blog, it’ll do.

300 words.

Vindication
!

1 comment:

  1. I can't think of anything clever to write with a 'V.' I'm verklempt!

    ReplyDelete