Friday, August 21, 2009

Comment: A Breakthrough

Something exciting is happening to my kids.

They've started playing games.

And I don't mean the ones they'll play with our heads when they're teenagers. (I'm scared. Hold me.)

They're just at that magic age when they are willing to spend 40 minutes on a game of "war" or Uno or Yahtzee Jr.

It's life-changing.

Sometimes they even just play...wait for it...with each other.

This is huge.

Suddenly and happily, I am not the prime playmate for the kids every minute of the day.

I love my kids. They're hilarious, and fun and sweet and, natch, adorable. They're also relentlessly needy. That's part of their job description.

So to have a few more minutes in the day in which to check email, read or write a blog entry, make dinner, or pay bills, is a really good thing.

Sometimes, I even get to talk on the phone. With a friend.

I'm telling you, this is radical.

Excuse me, I need to go shuffle the Uno cards. But after that, I'm out.

1 comment:

  1. We remember playing a game with one of the QCC interns earlier this year. It was entertaining, but he had a questionably interpretation of "rules."

    ReplyDelete