Friday, October 2, 2009

Complaint: Disney Trauma

I just sat through an hour of "The Suite Life of Zach and Cody: Lost at Sea," on Disney Channel (natch). It was our last night here at the apartment (a.k.a. The Land of Disney Crack) so we splurged and let the kids stay up late to watch it.

Big mistake.

The only person attempting to follow the plot was me.

That's pretty scary.

But what scares me more is that after awhile the bad acting doesn't seem so bad. It's really over-acting, or "indicating," as my Drama profs called it in college.

A good example of indicating would be a person chattering their teeth noisily while hugging their arms around themselves saying. "Brrrr, I'm c-c-c-old!"

Sort of a master of the obvious style of acting.

Anyway, I'm a little freaked out now. I'm going to need to go have a glass of wine, a hot shower, and read something written for people over the age of 11.

We're moving to our new house tomorrow, and I don't know when the DSL/Internet is being set up.

So please, mind the gap.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the move! We'll anxiously await your next dispatch.

    ReplyDelete