Saturday, October 24, 2009

Comment: Oops.

Oh my goodness, I actually forgot to do a post yesterday. This is the first time in a year that this has happened.

Other times that I haven't posted, the decision has been conscious, and has been due to one of the following reasons:

-illness
-crushing depression
-sheer exhaustion
-pms

Just so you know.

Guess I'm not like the mail man, through wind and rain and all that crap. Then again, postal carriers don't actually deliver one day a week. Should I take a day off once a week?

We've been settling into our new/old-house-without-heat and so far it's okay, except for the no heat part. Luckily we are in a warm snap, so it's not so bad. But when you go to bed in two pairs of socks, two shirts, long underwear and a fleece hat and wake up to FROST on your car, you know it's cold, and here we are only in October.

My in-laws just arrived yesterday, so my reason for not posting was distraction. My in-laws are amazing people; they are home improvement superheroes. They come in and fix lights, switches, sticky doors, hooks, handles. They bring rugs and chairs and ideas and inspiration and in one day our place is already much homier. Sure, I unpacked every single thing myself, and I did a good job getting our house up and running, but I didn't get to the fun part. Decorating.

And I can't believe I just wrote that.

I never thought I'd see the day that I'd have anything more in common with Martha Stewart than a vagina. But there you have it.

I am actually, gasp, a little bit excited about tending to this house.

Not the cleaning. That's not exciting. But is good exercise when you have multiple sets of stairs and bathrooms to deal with.

But I'm actually getting ideas, a vision, if you will, for our now-empty living room, for example.

Is this how most people behave? Like, do most people look forward to decorating their house? Because it's a new feeling for me, I have to say.

And I think I like it.

So if I don't post in the next few days, it's going to be due to...decorating.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the image of Martha Stewart's vagina. Just in time for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete