Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Complaint: Let me be sad, dammit!

I’ve noticed that a lot of people are concerned about my being sad at the prospect of moving away. I mean, after all, we’ve only been in this location for 18 months; what’s the big deal?

People.

It’s the people. Duh. I don't particularly like the area all that much, but I like some of the people who live here.

You don’t always realize what kinds of friendships you are making, but when push comes to shove, you find that there are some pretty strong bonds. When you click with someone, you click. It doesn’t take years to figure that out.

So of course I’m sad. My kids are sad. My husband is maybe a little bit sad; but his situation was different. He’s off on a new adventure at a very exciting company where he is valued and heard. Sure, we’ll start again; we’re getting pretty good at it. There will be wonderful new adventures and people to meet and enjoy, too.

But that doesn’t mean we’re not sad now.

And sportsfans, it’s okay. Seriously.

The world will not crumble into the ocean if we cry.

Let’s be sad for awhile and be happy that we have the ability to be sad. Why? Because we love.

Like they say in “A Wrinkle in Time”, and I’m paraphrasing, the most powerful things in the universe are the unseen.

No comments:

Post a Comment