Sunday, June 7, 2009

Comment: Still here, just busy...

We’re on the one-week countdown to moving, and time is starting to accelerate. Saying goodbye to new friends I didn’t get the chance to know better is bittersweet. But my neighbor gave me some good advice today. She said, “Slow down, and try to enjoy it all.”

Simple? Yes. Easy? No.

She just lost her father, a most marvelous and love-filled man who had been slowly dying in her house these past months. He finally let go three days ago, and so she and her sisters had to as well. Her acceptance of the life cycle impresses me.

Pretty profound advice, though. Try to slow down and enjoy whatever you’re in, because it won’t last long, whether it’s the best thing ever, or the shittiest.

Time marches on; in flowered Doc Martens, no less.

I know I’ve been Betty Buzzkill these past few weeks, but take heart: There will be more kvetching soon, and from a new state!

No comments:

Post a Comment