Sunday, January 11, 2009

Question: Are you kidding me?

You can now buy watered-down juice.

I kid you not.

There is a product called Aqua Juice out now. And I bet you know what’s in it. According to its brilliant manufacturer, “Welch's AquaJuice™ is an all-natural 50% fruit juice and water blend that has no high fructose corn syrup.”

So you’re paying (a lot, natch) for less juice and more water.

What a brilliant marketing ploy.

If you don’t hang out much with kids, you may not know this, but the conventional wisdom these days about juice and children is that said juice should be watered down significantly, what with its high sugar, low-nutritional value and hype-up factor.

So Welch’s has decided that we are too lazy and/or ignorant to water down our children’s juice fro ourselves. And they are banking on our laziness and ignorance. I will be very interested to see how well it sells.

My prediction is it will sell big.

I will be commenting about this again, I feel sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment