Saturday, January 31, 2009

Comment: 25 Things

I’ve been receiving these Facebook entries from friends this past week or so that consist of a list of 25 things we don’t already know about them. They’re really interesting. I’m seeing and learning things that I don’t think some of these folks would bring up in casual conversation. The confessional and personal nature of Facebook seems to let the floodgates open.

In the non-mocking spirit of such a list, here are 25 things about me you may (or not) really want to know, but are being rewarded/punished with as a faithful reader of this blog.


Facts about The Queen of Italics a.k.a “Emi Ha”:

1. I don’t hate “Womanizer” yet, but it is wearing on me a bit.
2. I love to run.
3. My hair changes color periodically and has since I was a teenager.
4. I think Courtney Love is more talented than people give her credit for (though her social skills? Not so much.)
5. I’m delighted and amazed to hear from old friends and bask in the reflected glow of their successes.
6. Sometimes I forget to floss.
7. Although I’ve lived in the US for many years, I still say “eh” in my native Canadian tongue.
8. My feet are not symmetrical. (And no, I don’t want to talk about it.)
9. I love sleeping in.
10. Most days don’t go by without an ingestion of chocolate in some form.
11. I have a long and deep-seated fear of being ordinary.
12. “Bright as Yellow” is one of my all-time favorite songs.
13. What happened to Neneh Cherry? She was so awesome and then she dropped off the map, only to return with a mediocre import-only CD.
14. I’m still watching “Lost” on my laptop screen.
15. In spite of living in Pasadena, CA for ten years, I only saw part of one Rose Bowl Parade, and that was from quite a distance.
16. I used to be a professional actor who was good at improv comedy.
17. I think The Clash are the all-time best band ever in the history of the universe.
18. I never exaggerate.
19. I’m very lucky to have the life I have.
20. Very lucky.
21. Seriously.
22. I enjoy baby showers as long as they don’t involve the melted chocolate bar in the diaper guessing game.
23. I hate rats.
24. If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, it would be cereal.
25. I love to dance, but I’m more along the lines of Elaine Benes than Beyonce.

No comments:

Post a Comment