Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Comment: Tangled up in Blue

Well, it looks like we've found ourselves a family hobby: painting.

Painting the interior rooms of our house, that is. We are in the process of painting our living room blue, which is a cheerful and lovely replacement to its former color, which resembles two-day-old guacamole. So we enjoy painting together. That's revelation number one.

At one point today, every single family member was painting AT THE SAME TIME. Now granted, that didn't last long. My son lost interest and was immediately sucked into the tantalizing vortex of his computer. My daughter actually stuck it out, so to speak, for quite some time. And with only minimal drips on the baseboards and floors. Did you know that a damp rag takes the paint right off? (And it's such low odor paint. My, how times have changed.)

Which led us to revelation number two: my husband and I fuss WAY TOO MUCH. You probably already know that about me, given the massive quantity of capital letters and italics I use. And my husband made the point that we are probably a stronger couple (or a couple at all) BECAUSE we both fuss so much.

He said he "can be more charitable" towards a fuss given the fact that he is also a fusser himself. Revelation number three.

Some families go to amusement parks, some families go camping. All our family needs is a local home depot.

And lots of damps rags.

No comments:

Post a Comment