Monday, June 21, 2010

Comment: Let the Frustrating Times Roll!

I was reminded today, as I watched my children attempting to use a slip n' slide, that sometimes you have to be really frustrated with an activity before you can enjoy it. Insert smart-assed comment here.

My children marched along the wet, slippery surface and were understandably irritated when they reached the end without sliding.

They've never seen a slip n' slide commercial, so they have no model for this, thus compounding the dilemma.

I tried to coach them, talk them through it. But then again, I've never slip n' slid in the summer either. I'm from Canada. You slip n' slide all winter so who wants to do it when it's hot?

After much gnashing of teeth and my pathetic coaching attempts, it finally took the older neighbor girl and her friend to SHOW my kids how to throw yourself on your knees and really slide across that sucker.

Ahh, bliss. Slipping AND sliding. Who knew something simple could be initially so irritating, and then so fun?

Insert other smart-assed remark here.

1 comment:

  1. aww cute! wish i'd been there to demo, would have been fun!

    ReplyDelete