Sunday, July 4, 2010

Comment: I'm Back, Eh

I was in Canada lo this past week and change, and I'll be out of town again in a few more days, but thought I would attempt to post, at least briefly, to fill the deafening silence and gaping hole in your hearts when I'm not here. (Canadians do irony after all!)

It's only 84 degrees here but it feels a lot hotter. And it's not just the heat, nor just the humidity. It's the state of mind. Did you ever notice that the more you say, "I'm hot", the hotter you get? It's especially effective if you're whining. You get into an overheating state of mind and frankly, you don't feel like doing anything.

I am sitting here with a soaking wet heat and a box fan aimed at said head and I'm in that stage where you're so hot that once doused, you get the chills, before your body temp stabilizes.

Wow, I'm a shoo-in for the newly-resurrected Algonquin Round Table with the wit and verve of this post.

Seriously. It's too damn hot to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment