Sunday, June 13, 2010

Comment: On Pie, Briefly

My husband and I just finished devouring a pie (with relative self-control, I might add) over the past few days. (Its merits were lost on the kids, who prefer ice cream or pre-fab cookies.)

It was a fresh black raspberry pie. Homemade, natch. (not by us) (think about who you're talking to)

And I realized that this pie, this gorgeous, delectable pie, is what Pop-Tarts aspire to, but will never, ever, be.

Pop Tarts are pathetic attempts at kick-ass homemade pie.

Pity the Pop Tart, for it will never attain greatness.

And here's hoping we as humans can move beyond our petty Pop Tart foibles, and reach for the golden crust and fruity, delicious filling of the true homemade dessert.

1 comment:

  1. Norman still talks about the time you tried to kill him by sending me home with two chocolate frosted and filled pop tarts. He ended up devouring both and then having a stomach ache...

    ReplyDelete