Sunday, May 2, 2010

Comment: Shout Out to Midge AND Triumphant Comment: Suck it, Middle Age!

I did it.

I ran my first half-marathon. At age 43. In the rain. So badass.

Impressed yet? Doesn't matter. I did it for myself and I am happy for myself.

I claim this marathon in the name of middle-aged hotness and fierce strength with sexy calves.

It was seriously so much FUN.

And a big part of that was because my sister came with me. She drove eight and half hours to be here for about 18 and then she drove back. That's seriously badass. It was the best gift ever, and she's really good at giving gifts, btw.

We pretty much talked the whole way. And we held hands when we ran down the hills, and across the finish line.

It was seriously one of the best times of my life.

So I dedicate this post to my sister: Midgie, you're the very best there is.

And at the risk of sounding like a cheesy yearbook entry, thank you for the greatest run ever!

2 comments:

  1. An inspiring effort by the Midges! It's great that you two got to do this together, and that it was such fun for both of you. And some serious badass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome effort. I would never be able to survive a half marathon.

    ReplyDelete