Monday, July 12, 2010

Comment: They Gave Me a Certificate

ETS. Those wily bastards.

I just received a CERTIFICATE telling me how well I did on those damn Praxis teacher tests. They didn't tell me the score, they don't DO that on paper anymore, apparently, to save trees, BUT they somehow felt the need to waste some trees on a certificate and swanky blue certificate HOLDER for my personal keepsake album of ETS successes.

So I had to go online to actually find out my scores. And yes, I did well. Alert the media.

So this is interesting to me because, although I didn't expect to fail these two tests I took, (that was alliteration, by the way) I didn't expect to ace them, either.

And here I was ready to give up on getting credentialed in this god-forsaken state because EVERY SINGLE NEW TEACHER I know does NOT HAVE A JOB.

Teaching jobs are so scarce here. Schools are closing left and right. I had kind of given up on getting credentialed here. No jobs to be had.

And then I get this fabulous certificate from those dear, thoughtful taskmasters at ETS, and now I'm just all a-flutter.

Apparently the certificate will even be MENTIONED on the score reports sent to the institutions of my choice.

Well hip, hip, hooray.

Now all I have to do is take two college level math classes and prove that my Canadian education consisted of more than igloo building and beer swilling.

Color me inspired.

1 comment: