Sunday, July 18, 2010

Comment: Less Despondent

The week improved, as did my mood, after spending five days in the arts-enriched summer program with some middle schoolers who really grew on me (and, it would appear, vice-versa). I could tell that I was having some sort of generalized positive effect by being there, being enthusiastic, and attempting to distract/entertain/engage them. This is encouraging.

Tomorrow I start off from scratch again, at a new site, in another part of town, where once again the schools suck because all the rich and middle class people have abandoned them for private ones.

I hear that the head count is quite low there, so it should be interesting to meet the few kids who have decided to show up. I have more than enough planned, because that's how I roll. And of course, I'm nervous. Once I'm there, I'm fine, it's the thinking about getting there that makes me anxious.

Who said you can't have performance anxiety even when you've put aside your professional acting aspirations?

So stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment