Sunday, February 15, 2009

Question: Sinus infection or depression?

You decide.

It’s come down to this. I spent ten days feeling like a sack of crap, tired all the time, down in the dumps, depleted in every sense of the word.

I thought I was falling into a depression, but maybe it was just the sinus infection I just got diagnosed. Because I’m about three days into treatment and I feel quite a bit better about life, even though my husband could be laid off at any moment and he’s having a medical problem and it’s raining and the weather here sucks and I’m mentally atrophying here and where is that kid with my latte?! (Simpsons reference)

Hmmm…could it be, sinus infection AND depression? You make the call.

I’d say we’re all in rocky waters. But I honestly believe in the whole “where one door closes, another one opens,” so perhaps this is a time of positive transformation. Not that I want to go all wack-job on you, but I do think you can look to the future with optimism because…well...why not? What’s the point in looking forward in despair? That’s when you get really depressed. Besides, these past months have been no picnic chez nous, so frankly it’s sort of the whole “it hurts when someone has their booted foot on your head and said removal is sweet relief and could be considered happiness”.

I may have bags under my eyes I’d have to pay big bucks to check in with at United, my hair may make me look a little too androgynous for my liking, my muffin top may runneth over, but I just spent an afternoon eating Vietnamese sandwiches and walking in the rain with my family, so things can’t be all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment