Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Complaint: Get on it with it.

One of our faithful readers made a complaint here today that I don’t complain enough. After all, the name of this blog is “Questions, Comments, Complaints” and there’s no question (hyuk) that I spend a disproportionate amount of time on the first two, and few on the latter.

It goes back to a posting at the beginning of this blog’s life, wherein I proposed not to complain so much. So should I change the name of the blog, or just start complaining more?

This is a dilemma.

(One of my many nicknames as a child was “Emma the Dilemma.” Prescient, no?)

So maybe I should just try some complaining. Okay, here we go:

My husband’s stressed, I’m stressed, my kids are stressed, the economy sucks, I’m tired, I'm burnt out, I'm eating too much and I hate my hair.

I frequently hate my hair. Perhaps this is why I change it so frequently. But if hair is a metaphor for life, then I am constantly trying to change my life. Different styles, different colors. And yet, when I look through old photo albums, my hair stays within a fairly narrow area on the whole color/style continuum. So maybe I’m not trying to change my life as much as I’m trying to fine tune it.

Here’s a complaint: this post is boring!

Seriously, let’s talk about something else. Maybe you could post your complaints with life in general (and hopefully not this column, I’m a delicate flower, so please, be kind).

I’d be happy to hear them. Well, maybe not happy, but you know, you could help me fulfill part of my mission of living up to the title I chose. If you have alternate title suggestions for this blog, I’ll take those, too.

Here’s one more complaint for you: why aren’t you taking the quiz disguised as a poll? I mean come on, would it kill you to just click on SOMETHING?

The floodgates have been opened.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh. . . .the sweet, sweet taste of vitriol. Yes, yessssss!

    ReplyDelete