Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Comment: Well Wishes from the University of Lameness

The University of the Rejuvenating Bird sent me an email birthday card today.

I wish I was kidding.

But yes, in addition to the indignities of being middle-aged in a youth-obsessed culture, the most over-priced and underwhelming online so-called educational institution ever is sending me glad tidings on this day.

How am I supposed to feel about that?

Their gift to me? 15% off anything at all from the University of Phoenix bookstore!

Wha?

WHO buys university souvenirs for an online school?

There are no pep rallies, there are no football games, there are no clubs.

WHAT would I BUY from this store?

Oh, I know, a shirt that reads: "I paid through the nose for shitty excuse for an education and all I got was this lousy t-shirt!"

Hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. Virtual education is where it's at! No more homework, no more books, no more teacher's badly punctuated e-mail correspondence reminding us that we need to submit our "original" theses in proper Word format.

    ReplyDelete