Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Comment: Men, Math and Meatloaf

No matter what kind of day you have had, nobody had a better one than the Chilean miners and their families. This is the kind of good news that makes you believe in miracles. Really fantastic. I haven't seen any footage yet, but I know if I do, I'll cry like a baby. It's just such an amazing story. I am so happy those guys got out, and I hope any damage done to their bodies or their psyches is minimal, and will fade fast. Hurrah for everyone who had any part in that incredible rescue. Like so many people around the world, I had been following it week to week, hoping that things would work out the very best. What an ordeal for the people involved.

In other, far less important good news, I completed my second math class. I got an A-! So that's one more set of hoops jumped through.

Finally, and randomly, I have discovered yet another Trader Joe's frozen dinner that ROCKS. Are you ready for this?

Meatloaf Muffins.

No, they're not muffins made out of meatloaf, that would be disgusting! (Or would it?) (Yes, yes it would.)

It's just a little patty of turkey meatloaf, with a dab of spinach on top, then a further layer of fluffy mashed potatoes. It's quite delicious. And the best part?

It's dinner in muffin form!

There you have it: three causes for (varying degrees of) celebration.

1 comment: