Sunday, October 10, 2010

Comment: Happiness

I don't think there's any kind of happiness quite like the one you feel when you see your children deliriously happy themselves.

Today is a banner day. My son had a playdate with his favorite friend, and was positively buzzing with joy as we walked over to her house this morning. And my daughter got to spend a special morning with mom and dad ON HER OWN, and she got hot chocolate and wore a tutu, so she too is happy as a clam.

Before having kids, I never knew I could be so happy just watching someone else's sheer delight.

This is definitely one of the perks of parenthood.

Pinkeye gone, virus on the way out. And now? The laundry, Lord, the laundry!

1 comment:

  1. Wait! Son's favorite friend is a GIRL?!? We're not sure how we feel about this.

    ReplyDelete