Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Comment: Corrections

I’ve noticed from one of our crafty commenters (commentors? commentants?) that a couple of points need to be addressed regarding recent blog postings.

In reference to "The P of E "(Monday, April 20), one insightful poster (there’s the word I was looking for!) asked if guys could also be the Princess of Everything. I say, absolutely. Prince, Princess, or both. Let the good times roll. Anyone can aspire to be the prince/princess (or both) of all that they survey. And most of us do.

Another thoughtful poster drew to my attention the fact that ultimately I used the word democratic in the wrong way in my post about my quest for democratic Easter egg hunts. (Monday, April 13.) (Wait a minute, both Monday posts? I sense a pattern here, and possibly a conspiracy.)

I really meant, can an Easter egg hunt be egalitarian? If said hunt had been truly democratic, votes would have been counted and recounted, bully pulpits and filibusters would have appeared, not to mention the unsightly hanging chads we’d best not discuss. So please, know this: I’m not looking for democracy in my children’s treasure hunts: I’m looking for equality. Or, at the very least, equity of some sort.

In other news, I think California is melting. Seriously. Northern Californians for some reason seem to think that air conditioning is optional. Not cool. (Get it?) (Sorry, heat's getting to me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment