Thursday, October 2, 2008

Comment: The VP Debate

So I listened to the debate, but didn't get to see it, as the traffic was so high on the Internet that we couldn't get any streaming online live coverage. I will try to see some more of it on Youtube or in reruns.

But let's just say that neither candidate was embarrassing, at least from the auditory standpoint.

Sarah Palin sounded way folksy but not hesitant, and she managed to re-route questions anytime they weren't her prescribed talking points.

Biden did not babble on and did a good job digging in and attacking McCain's record. I also learned something I did not know about him, that he lost two members of his family. How horrible. It sounded like he broke for a second, but since I couldn't see him, I don't know.

The questions were pretty softball except for the gay marriage one, which they both agreed on anyway.

Spent a few minutes i-chatting with an old friend from my homeland, who was also trying to watch a Canadian debate occurring simultaneously. Could the two countries have not discussed this ahead of time so that they could pick two different nights? We bi-citizens of Canada/USA like to keep on both countries, thank you very nice.

Anyway, there's a boatload of analysis being manically typed into computers as we speak (Hey! Like right here!) so go and enjoy the wealth of commentary that's out there and I shall do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment