Thursday, September 23, 2010

Comment: Hullo.

I hope you have all been well. I apologize for my extensive absence. Sometimes a lady's gotta do what a lady's gotta do.

Okay, so it's been two months. I've been a little, er, occupied. But let's not dwell on that. Let's dwell on the fact that I have shagged my ass back to the computer, and for once, it isn't to do algebra!

I survived the first math class, asinine as it was. Basically I paid a lot of money to use a relentless taskmaster of a tutorial program to get through the first math class hoop. The so-called teacher? Useless. But I'm in the dead center of the second and final class, and it isn't so bad. Yes, I really did say that. I don't loathe factoring the way I loathed the graphing in class one. This current class is really not so horrible. It's dumb. But not horrible.

Don't get me wrong, the first four and a half weeks (out of five) of the first class was a series of teeth gnashing, garment rending (not the trendy kind)(and not involving jeggings; can I just pause and say that is the DUMBEST new word I've heard in a very long time?) and wailing "I want out! I'm done! I can't do this!" and other things I don't want my children to hear me say.

But see, I don't want to be a quitter. And even though I took a two month hiatus from this blog, due, in large part, to a personal mental health challenge (and a really crappy summer job), I'm back in buffalo mode. Really, what other mode is there? If you want to get shit done, I mean. Barrel through.

Things in my home life have settled down quite nicely after extensive chaos and confusion. And with only two and half more weeks to go of this online math bullshit, I'll have more time for the blog again.

Finally.


1 comment:

  1. Etymology question: "Shagged my ass back to the computer." Does "shagging" mean something other than what we've always heard it means (cf. "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me")? Oh, and glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete