Thursday, September 30, 2010

Comment: Verbal Diarrhea

Okay, so I really need to get out more.

I've noticed that if you give me even one glass of wine, I'm the chattiest fucking Cathy on the block.

Yes, I went out tonight, with other PEOPLE, GROWN-UP people, to be exact. And I'm reminded how arrested my development is.

I didn't do anything super stupid, but I found myself at times almost looking at myself from above, thinking, "Damn, girl, stop talking for two seconds!" Blah blah blah.

It's just that I've been quiet and child-centered for seven years, and I'm getting a glimpse of life when your children are old enough to clean, toilet and entertain themselves. And I am loving it.

Wow. People. Talking and drinking and eating independently. What a world.

I've been out of any kind of professional loop for so long that I feel like I'm really only in my mid-thirties, at least in terms of career advancement. Not to mention that I'm a really late bloomer, so really, I'm 29. Or something.

I guess I'm just crawling out from the cozy and lovely and exhausting cocoon that is stay at home motherhood.

And the light is so bright.

I think I need sunglasses.

1 comment:

  1. I love having a pal that can keep up with my logorrhea! Dueling chats! ;)

    ReplyDelete