Friday, September 24, 2010

Complaint: MInd the Gap

DEPTH ALERT: The following post displays 88% shallowness.

Other than math, as of late, my obsession turns to boots, just as the weather cools, and I realize that pedicures will soon no longer matter. (Which is hard to believe, given today's current balmy temperature of 90.)

Anyway, I got a deal on a major sale on boots that I hope to wear to a special awards ceremony in which my mother is being honoured. Want to clean up nice for that, I tell ya.

So I got these boots and they're the funky lace up type, and all was well until I zipped them up, tightened the laces as much as I possibly could, and found: a GAP. A very big gap. My calves were swimming in these boots.

Now I didn't order wide calf boots, which, apparently, exist. My question is this: if a five foot ten runner's calves are floating in these boots, WHO ARE THEY MADE FOR? How big does a calf get? Do I have abnormally under-developed calves? Or is the expectation that all American women who have feet as LARGE as mine (very large) are also gigantic everywhere else?

I'm more the Olive Oyl with a slight muffintop type. My calves are not large. And I can't really imagine filling this massive gap that's large enough there should be a warning sign of some sort. I could lose my keys in there.

So are they going back to the store? Most likely. Unless I can figure out how to make them less gappy. Seeing as I'm pretty useless with a needle and thread, I'm not so sure much can be done.

I just don't understand who these are made for. And I'm disappointed that my big sale score is less than optimal. Such are the risks one takes with online shopping.

Math class now more than 50% done. Closer......closer....

1 comment:

  1. In re, "Filling the gap": As an avowed "Olive Oyl" type, have you never, y'know, practiced stuffing?

    We'll shut up now.

    ReplyDelete