Monday, July 20, 2009

Complaint: I think I’ve hit a wall.

I’ve spent the first month living in a new city bustling at the speed of a hummingbird on Mountain Dew, and now? The crash.

I’m tired of meeting new people.

I’m tired of putting on a happy face.

I’m tired of paperwork and logistics and appointments and introductions.

I just want to sleep.

Moving is stressful, yes, but there’s that blowback I always forget about when I move.

The month long high is great, but it’s kind of a letdown when a month of newness has faded and you look at the weather and it’s rain for a week straight and you don’t have big plans so you and the kids are stuck in a small apartment with little to do than annoy the piss out of each other. Ah togetherness.

I don’t want to complain. Well, maybe I do. Maybe I’m just tired of being a (low-level) superhero and my façade is cracking. Of if not a façade, maybe it’s just my energy waning. Oh, how it wanes.

I’m sick of PBS Kids and playing “Zingo” and reading the same books to my kids over and over. Babar is starting to piss me off and that’s serious.

Luckily, we have a vacation to look forward to: we are off to Canada, the kids and I, to see my mom and our extended, delicious family who will take care of us and laugh with us and serve me wine and May Wests. (Note to Americans: May Wests make Twinkies and Little Debbies look like piles of puke.) (Ten bonus points if you get the reference.)

It just occurs to me: I wonder if they have Drake’s Cakes here. I’ll have to look into that. Drakes Cakes KICK ASS.

Well, I’m sure you’re glad you just spent the last few minutes reading my ranting. Enlightening, yet carb-based. Bleah.

Better day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment