Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Question: Hello?

Why did it take almost a year for the experts to figure out we are in a recession?

I'm just asking.

Because I think we were oozing down this decadent, credit-strewn road for quite some time before the gunk hit the fan, no?

I'm just saying.

What is an expert, anyway? I mean, other than someone who knows a lot about something and likes to show off. I 'm an expert at complaining and where did that get me?

I don't know what my point is, maybe there is no point.

But why did it take that long to figure out that many of us were getting (a) greedy and/or (b) stupid and/or (c) both of (a) and (b)?

I thought this damn recession just started. Does it mean it's going to get much worse a year in, or does it mean that the worst already happened and we're on the way back up? Somehow I doubt the latter, given the crumbling major corporations all over the country begging Bush for pocket money they'll blow on CEO salaries and bonuses. Puh-lease.

My friend just got downsized. His recession is just starting.

Hunker down, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment