Sunday, November 16, 2008

Question: Is there such a thing as a stress bubble?

You know, we had the dot.com bubble and the housing bubble, which burst all over our faces like day-old grape Bubble Yum.

So since we’re all so stressed at the moment, does that mean that stress will increase exponentially until it becomes unsustainable and then pop all over us?

Cause I’m thinking that will be pretty gross. Because I think a stress bubble is week-old Hubba Bubba, regular flavor.

How stressed is too stressed?

These are crazy times, with hopeful tinges. The election saw to that. But taking a long time getting into a problem implies that it will take a long time to get out. I love the Simpsons episode where Homer and Marge are talking and he’s gotten himself into some predicament and she says, “There’s no quick fix for this” and he says, “I like your idea of the quick fix.”

Don’t we all.

But there isn’t one, and even though the heat is being turned ultrahigh at work for people, at least they have jobs. In the grand scheme, this is not a tragedy like a war or a famine. I feel like a spoiled brat for even complaining about it, but it just scares me when the rational people in my life get scared.

Maybe there’s a fear bubble too. What flavor of gum do you suppose that is?

No comments:

Post a Comment