Saturday, January 22, 2011

Complaint: Enough is Enough is Enough

I'm tired.

And not just because I'm still getting over this nasty-ass virus.

I'm tired of self-improvement.

I'm tired of working so hard, reading, writing, researching, making lists, raising my awareness, assessing my skill sets, checking my personal growth, questioning my self-actualization, mindfully modifying my behaviors. It's exhausting. And I don't even know how much good it does.

But I've done so much of it, I should have a Ph.D. in Self-Improvement. (You can probably get one at Antioch University.)

What I mean is, I spend a lot of time reading self-help books, in an attempt to curb my bad habits, strengthen my positive habits, make myself happier, be a better parent, person, wife, etc.

I'm plum wore out by it all. Sometimes, you just want to kick back and read a novel.

I'm sure that Oogla the Cro-Magnon Lady did NOT spend her days trying to be nicer, or swear less, or be more spiritual.

Maybe I should be more like Oogla.

Does she have a book out I could read?

2 comments:

  1. Oogla didn't read novels, either. She was into crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some points in our life that we are too tired and and the only word that we can say is "ENOUGH". Take a rest my dear and stop thinking that you're not good.

    Just be who you are and do what you think what is good.


    Windows Server 2008 | Axis Deer Hunting in Texas

    ReplyDelete