Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Interruptible Activities

Okay, so it's day three of Camp Mom and the kids are already bored. Imagine my surprise. I deliberately did not overschedule them for this first week after the end of school. It's important for them to have down time and be a little bored, frankly. Then they will enjoy the other activities that are planned for them. At least that's my hope.

Being in transition is difficult for many people, myself in particular. I don't know where to hang my hat, and I feel all discombobulated. The challenge in being a stay at home parent is that while your children may be growing more independent, they still need you and you mustn't forget that and get too engrossed in anything while they are under your care.

Because there is the inevitable issue, be it a scrape, a meal, an argument, a bruised ego. All of these things tend to require immediate fulfillment, so if you're doing something engrossing (like meditating or exercising) then you will be frustrated at the constant interruptions. So I'm trying to figure out ways to still be doing things as well as being there for my kids.

Things like blogging, which are easily interrupted.

And slowly going through my bins in my office. Little projects I've been putting off for ages. My house has plenty of demands. I just have to prioritize, and my kids always come first. That's key.

No comments:

Post a Comment